Tuesday 14 October 2014

Stuck

I think I'm really stuck for ideas right now; what I want my artist to look like and how I want my digipak to look.

I looked at bands that were similar to my own.

The Killers:




This is what the band look like; I like this casual style that they wear, but I think it's a little too dressy for my band. I like the use of colour in the album cover and is something that I would like to use on my own. I have an idea of neon colours to be used in my album to adhere to the conventions of the electronic genre. 

AWOLNATION : 




The like the style which AWOLNATION wear; I think it's really casual and laid back - something I want my band to be similar to. I like the obscure album cover and the colour palette, which is conventional of the genre for Electronic Indie Rock. 

Foster The People:



I like the artsy image for the album cover; I would really like to illustrate something so this album cover; if not then play around with editing photographs from the photo shoot I will take. The band also wear casual clothes like AWOLNATION which I really like and think connotes my band well. 


Overall, I think I want my artist to look similar to this: 
I still think that the band Symptom, should focus more on the frontman rather than the band behind it. I think maybe 2 or 3 other guys that look similar to this would be enough to complete the band. 

I think if I take some chiaroscuro images such as these: 

 

I think it could look aesthetically pleasing for my digipak for the band.










No comments:

Post a Comment