Tuesday 7 October 2014

Creating Artist

I began to brainstorm all different genres to begin creating my artist. I had the most for Rock genre, so I then started listing off sub genres and artists/bands related to each sub genre.




I found that Alternative rock was hard to define, so I came up with my own definition:

ALTERNATIVE ROCK - CHALLENGING THE NORMAL CONVENTIONS OF ROCK (DOESN'T FIT INTO ANY OTHER SUBGENRE)

I found that I was stuck between two sub genres of rock: indie and alternative. I then created a Venn Diagram for it.



I then circled 5 artists I felt like fit the image for my artist and wrote out any notes or conventions.



Artist Planning


Name: ??????
Age: 23-25
Musical Genre: Indie Rock 
Style: 90's grunge/ tshirt and skinny jeans
Physical appearance: Skinny, white, tall, blonde/brown hair
Album title: ???????
Track Listing: ???????
Artwork: ???????
Background information: From New York (USA). Graduated from College with a Music Tech degree. Started out in the industry as a music technician/ sound check guy for a rock band and continued up the ladder in his career. 
Talents: Playing keyboard + digitally creating music
Interests: Keyboard/ music/ computers
Family: Close family, modern values and atheist religion






No comments:

Post a Comment